Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.

The Lydd Model Flyers are a BMFA Registered Model Aero Club on the Romney Marsh, UK.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Busy repair workshop

Go down 
+4
Coco
Worzey
Skyleader Six
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rainman

Rainman

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Busy repair workshop - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 7:05 pm

Or behind me wing rack!! affraid Suspect Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Worzey

Worzey

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 8:53 pm

You nasty pair!! Mad
Back to top Go down
Rainman

Rainman

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 9:01 pm

We wuv you reelly.. gay
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptySun 06 May 2012, 8:20 pm

Not a lot going on with the forum at the mo so all the projects must be getting finished as the weather is so bad any updates Question

Repaired the prop stud on the zenoah so the geebee is now ready for balancing....

Sold the GT9 petrol from the TANGO because it was S*&T so waiting for a OS 55AX to arrive and got to fit that...

And cancelled the stick kit that i had ordered as i was offered a big noisy P-47 THUNDERBOLT and just couldn't resist it so just got to fit a reciever to that and its ready to go .. again... Glee

so much for sticking to petrol the OPTIFUEL is on its way Bunch
Back to top Go down
Worzey

Worzey

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Dec 2012, 8:29 pm

Thought I would wake up an old thread.....

As the field is sooooo soft in the middle (no good for jets or my poor, heavy landings) I have dragged the old Uno Wot out of the garage loft to repair the damage caused by Ray's Wot 4 trying to mount it in flight! Once i've done that (should be done tonight) I might complete the recovering job that I started about 9 years ago, on my Art Chester's Jeep........
http://www.daisey-designs.com/nx13688/jeep/jeep.htm ............ so that I have a variety of models to fly during the winter.

Anyone else doing a build or refurb??
Back to top Go down
Rainman

Rainman

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Dec 2012, 9:39 am

I've got the last bits to do on the SBach with OS GT33, mainly install batts and balance, will prob start my lil Sebart Sbach 30 size leccy, still to sort busted tail plane on giant Wot4 (Must remember not to run 30cc engines at full bore next time!) maybe get the Bullet slope soarer sticky taped together after that.....

Oh, and got to squeeze xmas in as well!! lol!

Last edited by Rainman on Wed 12 Dec 2012, 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skyleader Six

Skyleader Six

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Dec 2012, 9:50 am

I have made a slow start on the Nick Ziroli JU87 STUKA 100" wing span affraid not rushing it, building it while this weather is bad santa will post up some pictures later Bravo

Last edited by Skyleader Six on Wed 02 Jan 2013, 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rainman

Rainman

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Dec 2012, 10:19 am

That sounds great John, certainly look forward to your build posts on this one..... Wot power will be up at the sharp end? and what sort of weight will she be when ready to fly? Bravo
Back to top Go down
Skyleader Six

Skyleader Six

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Dec 2012, 11:00 am

few pictures of the Stuka
Busy repair workshop - Page 2 Plan

Busy repair workshop - Page 2 Tail

Busy repair workshop - Page 2 Tailfin

Busy repair workshop - Page 2 Fin

Hi Ray going to keep this bugger light not over building it ,will stick to the plan and not deviate learned a lot building the Mustang,i,m fitting the MVVS 58 once its fully run in and reliable loads of power ,as for weight i have read lots on the scalebuilders site and if its 28lbs ish will fly like a foamy Angel
Back to top Go down
Rainman

Rainman

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Dec 2012, 10:26 pm

Not so sure you really want it to fly like a foamy John lol!

Its gonna be a grand sight to see over our patch thats for sure! Bravo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyFri 14 Dec 2012, 5:23 pm

Not a lot going in my workshop this winter...

Just the sundowner which i took as a swap for the GEEBEE its ready just needs balancing and control throws setting up..

Busy repair workshop - Page 2 SDC10169_zps0bcc2f4b

And then got to get started on sorting out the few things that need doing on the Extra ready for plenty of flying next year... Glee

Busy repair workshop - Page 2 SDC10170_zps1e0171ee

look at the state of my shed what a dump better sort that out too... Help
Back to top Go down
Rainman

Rainman

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptySat 15 Dec 2012, 12:47 am

never mind tidying the shed,,,, rake those fekin leaves up or you' 'll not have much lawn left come spring time! lol!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyThu 20 Dec 2012, 11:35 pm

Busy few nights and now got another Yt Adrenaline ready (MkI, Red & White) It is a bit tatty but hopefully will be good all the same jocolor this one has a Moki 1.35 to power it, fingers crossed I have been searching around the shed for old radio gear that will need a good range check first affraid

bring on the sunny santa
Back to top Go down
Worzey

Worzey

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Dec 2012, 7:08 am

Moki 1.35.........Very powerfull!! Shocked

Just don't run it on high nitro and/or purely synthetic fuel Sad

I got given a 2.10 that had been run on Synthetic only fuel and seized up. After a strip down, the bore was re-honed and a new rind fitted. I found it loved Southern Models Double Lube 5%
Which was 9% synthetic and 9% castor with 5% nitro
Back to top Go down
Skyleader Six

Skyleader Six

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Dec 2012, 11:20 am

Weathers been crap so got a bit done on the stuka Very Happy

Busy repair workshop - Page 2 Stuka1_zps574d0234

Busy repair workshop - Page 2 Stuka2_zps3a660ccd

Coming together nicely
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Dec 2012, 1:45 pm

That looks awesome john, really makes me want to have a go at building ... probably start with something a little bit less complicated tho... pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Adrenaline   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyFri 21 Dec 2012, 4:41 pm

After being let out of work early for the holidays cheers Adrenaline had its maiden Laughing all trimmed after a dead stick and belly pan dropping off lol!
Back to top Go down
Worzey

Worzey

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014, 11:03 pm

C'mon chaps. I can't be the only member with new builds and/or repairs to do???

I know of at least one other new model in the club.....Hobbins!!??

You must all be doing something that can be of note to forum users (please, model plane stuff only!!)
Back to top Go down
Noddy

Number of posts : 2512
Registration date : 2013-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Nov 2014, 11:07 pm

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014, 10:20 am

Worzey wrote:
(please, model plane stuff only!!)

That puts me out then.

Nuts.

OK its not a plane although you could imagine it to be a Plane sim cockpit and not for car racing.

Busy repair workshop - Page 2 DSCF0869_zps3cb05597

Busy repair workshop - Page 2 DSCF0871_zpsa0044f8b

Busy repair workshop - Page 2 DSCF0873_zpsdd60877d

Just to keep my hand in building lol!
Back to top Go down
Worzey

Worzey

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014, 11:58 am

I don't fancy your chances in that Daron, at the banger racing circuit. However, as it runs on butane, not too many people will choose to crash into you!
Back to top Go down
Rainman

Rainman

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014, 12:37 pm

Butane or methane??? lol!
Back to top Go down
Skyleader Six

Skyleader Six

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014, 2:06 pm

Well Daron at least you don't have to worry about the maiden flight lol! lol! mine you we could find that easer in the potato field Bravo Bravo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014, 3:26 pm

Yeah that is true John Bravo lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Nov 2014, 7:10 pm

Worzey wrote:
C'mon chaps. I can't be the only member with new builds and/or repairs to do???

I know of at least one other new model in the club.....Hobbins!!??

You must all be doing something that can be of note to forum users (please, model plane stuff only!!)

Well did manage to get a couple of hours in the shed today so your right mate I have got this little beauty ready for its maiden !!!

Busy repair workshop - Page 2 SDC10760_zpseec49238

Going to try to get out there again tomorrow as im sure there is another in the pipeline Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Busy repair workshop
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next