Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.

The Lydd Model Flyers are a BMFA Registered Model Aero Club on the Romney Marsh, UK.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Busy repair workshop

Go down 
+4
Coco
Worzey
Skyleader Six
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Busy repair workshop Empty
PostSubject: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 8:38 am

Workshop fully booked for repairs at the moment;

Pulse Xt... Wrecked by Hooligans doing Stunts lol!
Blue nose Mustang...starved of fuel due to thug telling me to keep do doing circuits while he done another low pass. lol!
PC 9... Self inflicted tipstall
Thunderbolt...self inflicted garage door damage.
Small YT Mustang...damaged on windy landing.
Prankster...broken engine mount.

Build project...Phantom control line almost complete.

What have you lads on the go lol!
Back to top Go down
Skyleader Six

Skyleader Six

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 10:26 am

Been busy myself since Saturday affraid been in the workshop gave the twin engine in the red bull a service found the rotor drive was lose causing vibration ,some recovering a clean up and ready to go again ,finishing the P51 today ready for another flight affraid Mike is coming over on Friday I'm spraying the primer on his Waco should look great ,

talking of the Waco Steven Archer gave me his Waco it needs some TLC i have striped it out brought a new MVVS 58cc petrol for it, that will be flying again soon
so that's what I'm up to Gary, why the weather is so bad lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 11:47 am

Hi John

You certainly are busy too mate and don't forget your Stukka which will be a lovely model when built Bravo
Look forward to seeing your big Mustang back up there Glee
The weather certainly is grim at present but at least with this hobby there is always something to tinker with on our planes at home Bravo

Thanks for your update Bravo
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2007-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 12:36 pm

After reading what you pair have been up to I decided to put my 2p in.

I have finished of getting the super sportster up to flying condition, It has had the bottoms of the wings repaired and a new firewall and front end. I have put the same engine in this as the one in the Decathlon its a HH 26cc petrol engine and if this one runs as well as the Decathlon I will be a happy Bunny.

I have also replaced the undercarriage as it should be on the wings and it looks much better.

So all I need to do now is balance it and then at a later date put the cowl on.

Busy repair workshop DSCF9100
Busy repair workshop DSCF9101
Busy repair workshop DSCF9102
Back to top Go down
http://lyddmfclub.com
Worzey

Worzey

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 12:42 pm

Raptor 50 heli..... need to fit new tail drive belt guide pulley
YT Tigercat.... need to build most of it
Scratch built Art Chester's Jeep.... Started a full recover 8 years ago. Only the wing got done
Savex L39 #2... Complete transfer of all gear from L39 #1
Jim Fox Foxjet..... Complete kit that needs about 70% more to do!
Goldberg Sukhoi SU26 & Mintor 33... All still in boxes!

Should keep me busy until the weekend..... Just dunno which weekend!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 1:02 pm

Christ..seems we have more models in boxes and in for repairs than we see on a busy day at the Sunday club lol!
And that's from just four members!

Come on you lot out there playing Peek a boo every night "share with us and post your repair/build projects"
After all we are one big happy family at our club boys jocolor

Go for it and surprise us all lol!
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2007-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 2:14 pm

Oh I also have the giant Wot4 to sort out as well, that needs the thrust angle sorted out as I don't have enough down thrust or side thrust. So once that is sorted out I will have three all flyable again.
Then there is the PT-19 by seagull to build but that one is still in its box. plus I need a 26cc petrol for that one and more servos "They are on order" lol!
Back to top Go down
http://lyddmfclub.com

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 5:28 pm

Wendy keeps reminding me to get me down thrust sorted lol!
Good to see were all keen to get new & old models up and flying at our superb little club cheers

Well done to all who have made the effort to post so far Bravo Bravo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 6:06 pm

Only a couple of jobs on at the mo:

Just finishing off the gee bee and managed to snap the prop stud by overtightening so that needs replacing Mad

Thanks to KP Turf one of the exhaust and carbs he let me have a play with fit the GT9 so that needs Testing Angel

And got my first proper stick kit on order as ive always fancied a proper build so going to have a go Glee
Back to top Go down
Coco

Coco

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 7:08 pm

Just my Hurricane needing an overhaul
Sparrow Hawk fit 91fs oh and finish the Discus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 7:42 pm

Hats off to all you stick builders.the hours of work that goes into that type of model build is amazing and the detail you guys put in superb.
I would love to build one but have not really the time or the patience to STICK with it lol! also the thought of wrecking it afer all that hard work would be devestating so i opt for the ARTF type which i still trash but not so painful chaps Embarassed

Mike's Waco is looking great and he has done a quality job of the build. John is spraying a primer coat this week so should not be to long before we see that beauty at the patch Bravo what kit are you building from sticks form Steve Question

I built the Prangster from sticks (The two spar bits in the wing) lol!

Good luck to you all and lets see more lads as very interesting to read when Crapenders is on Mad

Well done Bravo

Back to top Go down
Chipmonk

Chipmonk

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: waco 1/4   Busy repair workshop EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 8:20 pm

lots more to do yet after primer on glass fibre parts they need fitting then 3 under coat and 3 top coat
,have check c/g without paint but everything on board (borrowed the dining room agiain ]

came out dead on 140 mm back on top wing as barth suggest

wonders never cease
so should be ready in a month or so with luck

build was good kit fantastic quality

bloody germans get it right again

mike

Back to top Go down
Rainman

Rainman

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 8:39 pm

Theres some very busy folk on here!

I'm just finishing my big Fox glider (110"), need to crack on with the 84" Geebee Y with petrol power. Not even looked in the box of the Sebart EP acro thingy, the piccy looks cool tho!

On top of that I have ordered myself a new workshop, sadly nothing quite on the grand scale of J Hall esq (we would all love that set up I'm sure you'll all agree!), but at 20' x 10' I hope it will serve me well... The missus has even suggested a TV and mini fridge but Im not sure if shes shipping me out!!

The new shop will need to be insulated and lined inside so that will keep me out the pub for a while..... Anyone know a good sparkie for getting it all wired up???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 8:52 pm

This is the plane i was gonna write off, had a bad front ender on it after a foolish take off the other week but to nice a plane to bin so got my sensible head on for a change and cracked this repair out Rainbow

[img]Busy repair workshop P1040375[/img]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 8:56 pm

[img]Busy repair workshop P1040370[/img]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 8:59 pm

Rainman wrote:

I'm just finishing my big Fox glider (110"), need to crack on with the 84" Geebee Y with petrol power. Not even looked in the box of the Sebart EP acro thingy, the piccy looks cool tho!

On top of that I have ordered myself a new workshop, sadly nothing quite on the grand scale of J Hall esq (we would all love that set up I'm sure you'll all agree!), but at 20' x 10' I hope it will serve me well... The missus has even suggested a TV and mini fridge but Im not sure if shes shipping me out!!

The new shop will need to be insulated and lined inside so that will keep me out the pub for a while..... Anyone know a good sparkie for getting it all wired up???

Hey Ray...your new Workshop would be cracking for a Garyoke Party Singing GBee uh uh huh lol!
Back to top Go down
grounded

grounded

Number of posts : 827
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyWed 18 Apr 2012, 9:07 pm

just started sorting out bits for SE5a but still too cold in garage to do any building yet, that's all for me Bravo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 12:18 am

GBEE wrote:
Rainman wrote:

Hey Ray...your new Workshop would be cracking for a Garyoke Party Singing GBee uh uh huh lol!

I second that, Gary you organise it and I will go. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 2:58 am

Sounds like a party affraid

Looking forward to seeing the glider ray rumour has it that bret may soon have his glider ready as its not been long in construction.....

Ive ordered a 1/3 scale Fournier RF4 from falcon aviation, probably a bit big for a first scale project but looking at their website and speaking to them i think i should just about be able to build it as they say it goes together like a 3D jigsaw.... so will give it a go! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rainman

Rainman

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 8:40 am

I well have a work shop party, everyone to bring a 6' x 4' sheet of 10mm marine ply.......luvverly1

Steve, the Fournier RF4 sounds good, looked it up and the wood cut is good quality, that'll keep you out of trouble for while! She's gonna look good in the air, and at 12' foot you should be able to keep her in your sights!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 9:26 am

TheHobman wrote:

Sounds like a party affraid

Looking forward to seeing the glider ray rumour has it that bret may soon have his glider ready as its not been long in construction.....

Ive ordered a 1/3 scale Fournier RF4 from falcon aviation, probably a bit big for a first scale project but looking at their website and speaking to them i think i should just about be able to build it as they say it goes together like a 3D jigsaw.... so will give it a go! Very Happy

Christ a big model Steve...most of my models are like jigsaws "after their maiden" lol!
Good luck mate Bravo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 9:31 am

Rainman wrote:
I well have a work shop party, everyone to bring a 6' x 4' sheet of 10mm marine ply.......luvverly1

Steve, the Fournier RF4 sounds good, looked it up and the wood cut is good quality, that'll keep you out of trouble for while! She's gonna look good in the air, and at 12' foot you should be able to keep her in your sights!!

Workshop sounds great Ray Bravo Ian is your man for the Ekectrical installation Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Worzey

Worzey

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 1:59 pm

GBEE wrote:
Rainman wrote:

Workshop sounds great Ray Bravo Ian is your man for the Ekectrical installation Very Happy

Sorry...... who's Ian?
Back to top Go down
Rainman

Rainman

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 6:00 pm

You must know him.... A right Flashy flier with a beer gut! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop EmptyThu 19 Apr 2012, 6:37 pm

better watch him tho or you might end up with sockets on the ceiling clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Busy repair workshop   Busy repair workshop Empty

Back to top Go down

Busy repair workshop
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next