Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.

The Lydd Model Flyers are a BMFA Registered Model Aero Club on the Romney Marsh, UK.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Toy nearly ready

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011, 10:08 pm

[img]Toy nearly ready  Hawk-7[/img]
Back to top Go down

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptyWed 22 Jun 2011, 10:13 pm

[img]Toy nearly ready  Hawk-8[/img]
Back to top Go down
grounded

grounded

Number of posts : 827
Registration date : 2008-02-15

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptyFri 24 Jun 2011, 7:16 pm

Wow Gbee... Bravo

As one of our Colonial cousins says on a YouTube clip of an RC Corsair folding it's wings

"That looks slicker 'n snot" (said in a kind of southern drawl)

Nice one

Bravo Bravo lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptySat 25 Jun 2011, 12:10 am

Cheers Dave Glee
Back to top Go down
rotorman

rotorman

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptyThu 14 Jul 2011, 11:09 pm

I have picked up one of these today.Gary and i will be kents best red arrows display team.Does anyone else want to join we only need seven more.Red leader brake right.
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptyFri 15 Jul 2011, 1:51 am

Looks nice Gary, Bravo What make of model is yours Question Question
Back to top Go down
http://lyddmfclub.com
Worzey

Worzey

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptyFri 15 Jul 2011, 7:05 am

........V-mar

Back to top Go down

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptyFri 15 Jul 2011, 8:23 am

rotorman wrote:
I have picked up one of these today.Gary and i will be kents best red arrows display team.Does anyone else want to join we only need seven more.Red leader brake right.

Hey Adrian

Glad i wont be on my own up there doing a solo...nice one mate and they will look good up there against the blue sky Bravo Bravo Bravo what do you think of the kit Question

Back to top Go down

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptyFri 15 Jul 2011, 8:38 am

[img]Toy nearly ready  Thumbnail[/img]

We should look something like this Adrian lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rainman

Rainman

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptyFri 15 Jul 2011, 9:00 am

I hope it's better than the vmar Fournier I put together last month, awful quality... Flys good tho!
Back to top Go down
rotorman

rotorman

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptyFri 15 Jul 2011, 10:33 am

Rainman wrote:
I hope it's better than the vmar Fournier I put together last month, awful quality... Flys good tho!
you get what you pay for,its not too bad though it all looks straight,but i will glue the tail on as you suggest Gary.I also got 10% club discount from model world,if you dont ask you dont get.So for £90 ypu get a lot of plane.
Back to top Go down

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptyFri 15 Jul 2011, 4:56 pm

The kits are not the greatest of quality and did have to make a few little alterations to strengthen her but the wings and control surfaces come all ready hinged in place and the does go together very easily even with me being the slowest builder in KENTS BEST !

I was surprised how big the model looks on the ground but is pretty light and think she will fly quite well. They will look great as a pair at our Fly in day next month.

Look froward to flying our duo display soon Adrian, maybe we can try the slingshot....Lol
Back to top Go down

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptyFri 15 Jul 2011, 9:40 pm

What engine are you two putting in it??? also does it have retracts.??
Back to top Go down

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptyFri 15 Jul 2011, 10:23 pm

Nice one, GBEE and Rotorman. Looking forward to seeing them fly!

The Major cheers

PS: Please have both machines approved and certified by the site foreman before committing to air....
Back to top Go down
rotorman

rotorman

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptyFri 15 Jul 2011, 10:46 pm

IronSide wrote:
im using an old asp46 and Gary is putting an irvine 53 up front.he'll have to wait for me.
Back to top Go down
rotorman

rotorman

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptyFri 15 Jul 2011, 10:51 pm

IronSide wrote:
sorry forgot to say it does'nt have retracts but does have plastic clip-on olios,cool ha.
Back to top Go down

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptyFri 15 Jul 2011, 10:53 pm

still not bad mate, but what engine you putting in...
Back to top Go down
Worzey

Worzey

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptySat 16 Jul 2011, 12:35 am

IronSide wrote:
still not bad mate, but what engine you putting in...

Pay attention Boy!! He's already told you.....An ASP 46!!!!
Back to top Go down

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptySat 16 Jul 2011, 2:14 am

lol! lol! Embarassed So I see should go nice then....Im tempted just for the crack..
Back to top Go down
Worzey

Worzey

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptySat 16 Jul 2011, 3:37 pm

IronSide wrote:
lol! lol! Embarassed So I see should go nice then....Im tempted just for the crack..

What, drug smuggling???? Don't do it Shocked
Back to top Go down

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptySat 16 Jul 2011, 3:39 pm

Worzey wrote:
IronSide wrote:

What, drug smuggling???? Don't do it Shocked

Here we are, engaging in futile banter while the weather SUCKS affraid
Back to top Go down

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptySat 16 Jul 2011, 5:35 pm

majorsterling wrote:
Nice one, GBEE and Rotorman. Looking forward to seeing them fly!

The Major cheers

PS: Please have both machines approved and certified by the site foreman before committing to air....

Will be fun having the red arrows in our club Phil and perhaps you can do some of your top notch filming to add to our vast library of superb footage at KENTS BEST thanks to a pucker camerman Bravo

I will get the the club Foreman to carry out the final checks prior to being issued a maiden flight certificate from the board lol! lol! lol!

Last edited by GBEE on Sat 16 Jul 2011, 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptySat 16 Jul 2011, 5:41 pm

[img]Toy nearly ready  Untitled[/img]

This could be us soon Adrian so we had better get practicing for when the other lads join our display team Glee Glee Glee
Back to top Go down
rotorman

rotorman

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptySat 16 Jul 2011, 11:01 pm

just come in from the shed,all ready to go bar mounting the radio switch.i'll run it up tomorrow but the weather doesnt look good enough for its maiden..
Back to top Go down

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  EmptySun 17 Jul 2011, 7:54 am

Certainly is bin bag weather for maidens today Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Toy nearly ready  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy nearly ready    Toy nearly ready  Empty

Back to top Go down

Toy nearly ready
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next