Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.

The Lydd Model Flyers are a BMFA Registered Model Aero Club on the Romney Marsh, UK.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thursday, 3rd February Flying....

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Thursday, 3rd February Flying.... Empty
PostSubject: Thursday, 3rd February Flying....   Thursday, 3rd February Flying.... EmptyFri 04 Feb 2011, 8:10 am

Video for yesterday's flying is now up at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhJpej91bD4

Enjoy!

The Major Rainbow
Back to top Go down
yossarian

yossarian

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Thursday 3rd Feb flying   Thursday, 3rd February Flying.... EmptyFri 04 Feb 2011, 9:26 am

Excelllent production Major - and proud that "I was there".The stirring music gave me goosebumps.
Jet flights above the cloud were good (but could you see it?) and the camera copes pretty well with shooting directly into the sun, which I guess is unavoidable with flying shots.
Just remind me what is your suggestion of a "starter" HD camera ? I'm getting more interested!
Must get a Teddy as well.
Nice one Sir !!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thursday, 3rd February Flying....   Thursday, 3rd February Flying.... EmptyFri 04 Feb 2011, 9:59 am

Hi Yoss.

The camera is a Go Pro Hero HD and you can see the specs at www.firstpersonview.co.uk. It's what most fpv fliers are using since it's only 160 g. The pan and tilt frame I use on Yo Mama comes from Germany at www.globe-flight.de. Picture

The cloud thing caught us all by surprise. In order to get a fore and aft shot on the jets, I do two flights since I don't have pan facilities. On the second flight (aft shot), the fog rolled in quickly and in a vertical climb the Harpoon completely vanished. needless to say I got her down in a hurry. Help

I didn't realise the Harpoon airframe flexed that much and I wasn't even jamming it. affraid

I liked the straffing shot of the van down the lane. Glee

BTW, if you're using HD on an i/c plane, you need plenty of padding as you saw with the Stearman, otherwise you get a wavy picture.

It was a shame my SD camera was playing up or I would have got more shots of other fliers. I shot a fair amount of footage on it but the tape was corrupted. Mad

John (chairman) had some problems with his machine, which was a real shame. I always love watching him fly that bad boy. geek

the Major
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thursday, 3rd February Flying....   Thursday, 3rd February Flying.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Thursday, 3rd February Flying....
Page 1 of 1