Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.

The Lydd Model Flyers are a BMFA Registered Model Aero Club on the Romney Marsh, UK.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Update Trainer By Graham Holemby

Go down 
+2
Rainman
Hamerite
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2007-12-31

Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Update Trainer By Graham Holemby   Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Mar 2011, 9:47 pm

Hamerite wrote:
Its one of the reasions I kept the box..... + my first....

Machine all finished now, just got to do a engine test, and one more picture.. guess which one Very Happy

you got someone to take it???? would also be nice if it could be done in the same location...
Back to top Go down
http://lyddmfclub.com
Hamerite

Hamerite

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Update Trainer By Graham Holemby   Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Mar 2011, 10:19 pm

Dad took the first pictures.. unfortunatly we have moved since that pictures.. but I cut the grass to day in preperation ;-))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update Trainer By Graham Holemby   Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 EmptySat 12 Mar 2011, 10:52 pm

Hamerite wrote:
Dad took the first pictures.. unfortunatly we have moved since that pictures.. but I cut the grass to day in preperation ;-))

OK.. as you see I have merged the two posts...
Back to top Go down
Hamerite

Hamerite

PostSubject: Re: Update Trainer By Graham Holemby   Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Mar 2011, 9:32 am

IronSide wrote:
Hamerite wrote:

OK.. as you see I have merged the two posts...
Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update Trainer By Graham Holemby   Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Mar 2011, 5:44 pm

Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 DSCN1938
Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 DSCN1933
Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 DSCN1941
Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 DSCN1935
Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 DSCN1934
Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 HPIM4413
Back to top Go down
grounded

grounded

Number of posts : 827
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Update Trainer By Graham Holemby   Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Mar 2011, 8:26 pm

What is that radio tx Question :?:i t's annoyimg me 'cos I sort of recognise it but can't place it scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
Hamerite

Hamerite

PostSubject: Re: Update Trainer By Graham Holemby   Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Mar 2011, 9:00 pm

grounded wrote:
What is that radio tx Question :?:i t's annoyimg me 'cos I sort of recognise it but can't place it scratch scratch
Mac Greger.. Digmax 3 channel on 27!!
Back to top Go down
Worzey

Worzey

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Update Trainer By Graham Holemby   Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Mar 2011, 10:36 pm

I hadn't noticed the radio!

Same plane, same radio......Shirt & jumper??? (pretty close I reckon!)

Nice one Graham. You are obviously pleased with your project. Brought back a lot of happy memories no doubt?

Back to top Go down
Hamerite

Hamerite

PostSubject: Re: Update Trainer By Graham Holemby   Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 EmptySun 13 Mar 2011, 10:46 pm

yes it was, exatly 2 months to build, quickest I have built anything like that, I think it took 5 months the first time.. not using the Mac Gregor set.. it will be 35mhz.... when I bring it to the field its got some additional text on the wing..... I would like GBEE to take photos then please Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update Trainer By Graham Holemby   Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2011, 8:58 pm

Hi Graham

You have done a very tidy job of that build and will certainly get some great shots of her down at the field...well done mate Cheers Cheers Cheers
Back to top Go down
Hamerite

Hamerite

PostSubject: Re: Update Trainer By Graham Holemby   Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Mar 2011, 6:53 pm

that would be great GBEE ;-)

May be this weekend we will roll it out for trialing, may be flying too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hamerite

Hamerite

PostSubject: Re: Update Trainer By Graham Holemby   Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Mar 2011, 8:36 pm

Well its happened, I poped down, quite late to day, about 2 pm, to find Phil, Ken, John and Les, on the flight line.. thought there would be more, but was told yesterday was a full house, any how, had a quick one with the Wot4, then I had to do it... assembled the Ripmax Trainer, run the motor and range checked, all was good.
because there was a nice breeze from the dump direction, the take off was straight and she rotated less than 1/2 throttle, climbed out and throttled back to less that 1/3 one click down and it was trimmed. few circuits with inputting aileron which wasnt there Shocked as I set the rudder on the rudder stick, (its rudder, elevator and throttle only) approching finals, found the idle was too fast, but the rudder is strong enough to lift the dropping wing, the landings were nice, too fast and the machine would balloon, all in all a very happy chappie Very Happy 30 years on...

And to top it all off Adrain later arrived and flew his control line machine.. first time I been involved in one of them since school +30 years Shocked

thankyou Adrain.. a brilliant day @ Kent best!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
grounded

grounded

Number of posts : 827
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Update Trainer By Graham Holemby   Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 EmptyFri 01 Apr 2011, 8:18 pm

Great post..made me smile..I like the bit about trimming non existent ailerons..I totalled a slope soarer many years ago trying to do just that affraid affraid

Pleased your trainer a success Bravo Bravo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update Trainer By Graham Holemby   Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 EmptyFri 01 Apr 2011, 9:20 pm

Well done Graham on completing your trainer and going back in time...bet you enjoyed every minute mate,i am only jealous as it takes me a year just to open an ARTF box form the day of purchase Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Hamerite

Hamerite

PostSubject: Re: Update Trainer By Graham Holemby   Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 EmptyFri 01 Apr 2011, 10:31 pm

cheers chaps ;-)

its a very special machine.. 30 years on...

Gar....y you still got the job for the official pictures ;-)) please
Back to top Go down
Hamerite

Hamerite

PostSubject: Re: Update Trainer By Graham Holemby   Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Apr 2011, 8:13 am

Where was everone late yesterday afternoon..... the wind was left to right viewing the dump from the 'control tower'? flew 4 machines. 2 electric, used the road in the patch to take off and land.. fantastic Very Happy also put a camera on the trainer.... not my best footage.. debris on lens. so will be working on that project Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update Trainer By Graham Holemby   Update Trainer By Graham Holemby - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Update Trainer By Graham Holemby
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2