Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.

The Lydd Model Flyers are a BMFA Registered Model Aero Club on the Romney Marsh, UK.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

TOLEDO SPECIAL electric (sorry!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
yossarian

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: TOLEDO SPECIAL electric (sorry!)   Mon 20 Jun 2016, 9:23 pm

Message for Gary...................
Who flew his OS 52AX powered TS with verve last time I was at the field a couple of weeks ago.
Afer my "Carpal Tunnel" hand operation (which seems to have gone well with no pain at all - yet) I am getting my electric TS ready for ....soon.
As Gary is the Ayatolllah Toledo Specials, Gary are there any areas particularly that require beefing up a bit?
Like the undercarrraige mounting plate or the wing seating (which looks thin and puny as it is right now)?
Anything you'd advise me to strengthen (I know strength = weight though) while I'm doing things to get it ready for fliying?
Thanks Gary............
Malcolm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GBEE

Number of posts : 2497
Registration date : 2013-04-04

PostSubject: Re: TOLEDO SPECIAL electric (sorry!)   Mon 20 Jun 2016, 11:30 pm

Hi Malcolm
Glad all went well with the operation and wish you a speedy return to the field. The Toledo Special I have was purchased from Ray which was already put together but never flown I think.
He had done a really tidy job as always and as you have seen the Model fly's so well, 1/4 throttle and she'll just float around gently like a bird of prey, go to full throttle and she'll go for the kill Bravo
I have bent the undercarraige a little on heavy landings but no ripping out of mounting points as yet mate  Angel
The spats can be a little draggy if the grass is long but the amount of times I fly is not really an issue  lol!
It depends how you want to fly her really, if your gonna throw her about then maybe a little strengthening at the wing mounts but I think your pretty sensible  Bravo
Maybe Ray will see this and give you some tips Malcolm  Question
Anyway look forward to reading a maiden review from you soon  Question
Regards Gary
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rainman

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: TOLEDO SPECIAL electric (sorry!)   Tue 21 Jun 2016, 5:45 am

It was put together as per the destructions, only comment I can make is that it is well designed but like any frame built to take a leccy motor it is not as robust as a pure ic plane. Its a judgement call Malcolm but as you rightly mentioned, you will need to think any mods through to keep the weight near to an original but if you feel you need to, then a little bit of beefing up shouldnt make much difference to how she handles.

Look forward to seeing her in the air later in the season..... when the rain stops perhaps!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yossarian

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: TOLEDO SPECIAL electric (sorry!)   Tue 21 Jun 2016, 8:41 am

Gary & Ray - thankjs for your speedy and helpful replies.
I may add a liittle strength to the u/c connections to the fus, as my landings are variable.
I should be flying in a week or two when stitches are out - why did I have a non-urgent hand operation in the middle of summer?
Clot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GBEE

Number of posts : 2497
Registration date : 2013-04-04

PostSubject: Re: TOLEDO SPECIAL electric (sorry!)   Tue 21 Jun 2016, 9:25 am

Glad we could help Malcolm and enjoy a truly lovely aircraft to fly mate Bravo

Regards Ray & Gazza's
Model Aircraft Advice Center Kent lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOLEDO SPECIAL electric (sorry!)   

Back to top Go down

TOLEDO SPECIAL electric (sorry!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1