Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.

The Lydd Model Flyers are a BMFA Registered Model Aero Club on the Romney Marsh, UK.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pinning Dem Hinges

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Pinning Dem Hinges Empty
PostSubject: Pinning Dem Hinges   Pinning Dem Hinges EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014, 10:26 pm

Pinned the hinges on the small Spitfire today. Have never lost a model due to hinge failure since doing this.

Pinning Dem Hinges Pin_1a10

Pinning Dem Hinges Pin_110

Pinning Dem Hinges Pin_210

(Pic below). I use epoxy rather than cyano because if you are sloppy you don't get the white marks you get with CA. Epoxy cleans up better with a little dab
of meths. I circle a little bit of 5 min epoxy on the top of the stick, then push it down flush with the surface with the flat of a screwdriver, clean up the
excess glue, wait till dry, then use a Dremel cutting disk to trim off the excess underneath.

Pinning Dem Hinges Pin_410

(Pic below): I also fix the flap hinges with screws.

Pinning Dem Hinges Pin_510
Back to top Go down
Worzey

Worzey

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Pinning Dem Hinges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinning Dem Hinges   Pinning Dem Hinges EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014, 10:31 pm

Phil
Why screws and not pins on the flaps?
Back to top Go down
Noddy

Number of posts : 2512
Registration date : 2013-04-04

Pinning Dem Hinges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinning Dem Hinges   Pinning Dem Hinges EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014, 10:40 pm

I pinned all mine and does work well but yes Phil I did have the dreaded cyano marks on some around the heads so ironed a small piece of film over the heads to cover up Rolling Eyes 
Epoxy next time though  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 

Thanks for posting pics Phil, a very useful tip  Bravo 
I'll  probably do all that then forget to put the servo horn screw on the elevator servo  affraid 

Great tip 10/10
Back to top Go down

Pinning Dem Hinges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinning Dem Hinges   Pinning Dem Hinges EmptyThu 30 Jan 2014, 7:14 am

Hi Worzey: Since the flap hinges are close to the surface I find screws work just as well and are less hassle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pinning Dem Hinges Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pinning Dem Hinges   Pinning Dem Hinges Empty

Back to top Go down

Pinning Dem Hinges
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best. :: Members Section :: Build Projects-
Jump to: