Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.

The Lydd Model Flyers are a BMFA Registered Model Aero Club on the Romney Marsh, UK.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Detailing new planes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Detailing new planes Empty
PostSubject: Detailing new planes   Detailing new planes EmptyMon 27 Jan 2014, 6:45 pm

Since the weather is such pants, it's given me time to get some detailing done in the ole man cave.

Detailing new planes Man_ca10

Detailing new planes Big_sp10

Detailing new planes Big_sp11

The nose is back on the Big Spitfire after half the prop broke off during a low pass and the vibration
snapped off the front of the fuselage. Managed to get it down. Now it's back together.

Detailing new planes Sm_spi11

Detailing new planes Pilot10

Am also detailing the small Spitfire (MK XIX), 1.20 size, which has now completed its requisite 10 flights.
The cockpit came in from www.propagteam.co.cz. The plane's powered by an OS 1.20 2 str. It has down-thrust
on the engine which I didn't factor in during the first few flights and it told on landing approach.
That has now been corrected.

Detailing new planes Fw-19011

Other planes up for detailing are the new FW-190. Here's its predecessor which ended up in the dyke over at Hastings MFC.

Detailing new planes F-710

The Bearcat has to complete its first 10 flights before it gets a cockpit and more time spent on it.

Detailing new planes Bf-11010

The replacement BF-110 is almost ready for its test flights. Powered by two DLE-20s, this thing really moves.

Detailing new planes Big_b-10

The big B-17 is going to get a spring clean too. Here it is in action over Hastings.

Detailing new planes Sm_b-110

Both Fortresses make great film platforms, so hopefully we'll get some great video this spring and summer.
That's it. Tea break over. Back to work!

Detailing new planes Man_ca11
Back to top Go down
Noddy

Number of posts : 2512
Registration date : 2013-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Detailing new planes   Detailing new planes EmptyMon 27 Jan 2014, 10:38 pm

Weathering looks great Phil, that cockpit and Pilot in the small Spitfire are the nuts Bravo 
Keep posting  Picture Picture Picture 
Back to top Go down
Rainman

Rainman

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Detailing new planes   Detailing new planes EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014, 6:52 pm

Phil, I'm green.... your cave looks as if its about 50' x 30' !!  Bravo 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Detailing new planes   Detailing new planes EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014, 7:19 pm

It's the upstairs to my company's offices.
Bit cold in the winter and you fry in the summer.
Planes have to be hauled on and off a split level.
Plenty of room, though.

Back to top Go down
Worzey

Worzey

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Detailing new planes   Detailing new planes EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014, 8:13 pm

Gbee wrote:
Weathering looks great Phil, that cockpit and Pilot in the small Spitfire are the nuts Bravo 
Keep posting  Picture Picture Picture 

That's the same model as your one Gary that I put together...... you'd better can a pilot for the "office" in yours!

Phil

I'm loving the 'Cat.........I'd better get my Tigercat done for the Summer (didn't say which Summer!!)
Back to top Go down
Noddy

Number of posts : 2512
Registration date : 2013-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Detailing new planes   Detailing new planes EmptyTue 28 Jan 2014, 10:47 pm

Yes the same as Phil's Spit Ian, would fly it more myself but the old Ring Piece lets me down  lol! lol! lol! 

I think you've had that Tigercat for nearly three years mate  lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Detailing new planes   Detailing new planes EmptyWed 29 Jan 2014, 7:41 am

Hi Ian. Yes, defo get the Cat up and running. That is one sweet flying plane
but the choice of engine is important. Personally, I'd use two x DLE-20s for reliability.
I had two MVVS's in my previous one and had nothing but trouble with them.

Shall have the BF-110 sorted by the spring, so looking forward to that one.

As for you, GBEE, you need to tightly wire that Captain's Quarters of yours and get that Spitfire
airborne stat! It's an absolute pussycat to fly and land. Get the flaps just right and she comes
in on rails. A man of your talents? No problem.

The Major  Bravo  Bravo 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Detailing new planes   Detailing new planes Empty

Back to top Go down

Detailing new planes
Page 1 of 1