Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.

The Lydd Model Flyers are a BMFA Registered Model Aero Club on the Romney Marsh, UK.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Any winter builds/refurbs??

Go down 
+4
stormin norman
Chipmonk
Noddy
Worzey
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Noddy

Number of posts : 2512
Registration date : 2013-04-04

Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Dec 2013, 11:45 pm

Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 <a href=Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 E1_warhawk_01_zps263b7858
Back to top Go down
Worzey

Worzey

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013, 4:54 pm

Is that a P40 Warhawk?
What power are you putting in her?
Back to top Go down
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013, 5:16 pm

Worzey wrote:
Is that a P40 Warhawk?
What power are you putting in her?

Yes mate P40 Warhawk or Kittyhawk as sometimes called, Powered by OS70 Fs  Rainbow 
Saw full size one display twice this year @ Manston & Eastbourne Airshows and thought i'd like a model of one of those  Bunch 
When its kitted out you'll be testing her out as always feel nervous doing Maidens for some silly reason  Embarassed   Embarassed   Embarassed 
Got the Tuned pipe Jackal for you too  Angel 

You know your planes Ian  Bravo 
Back to top Go down
Worzey

Worzey

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013, 5:30 pm

OS 70...........My personal experience tells me that you can't beat an OS four stroke!!  Bravo 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013, 5:45 pm

Very nice Gary, Great looking Hangar 9 plane with OS four stroke got to be a top combination look forward to seeing you and it down the field real soon... Bravo 
Back to top Go down
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013, 6:05 pm

Yes certainly agree Ian, when joining the club i knew sod all about the quality,reliability and performance of model aircraft engines...still no sod all really  lol!  but you mentioned try and get OS if you can afford them Gary! I now know why.
Having owned SC,ASP,IRVINES etc I always go for OS as my first choice as they really are bloody good engines  Bravo 
I have 3no OS 55AX 2 Strokes and 2no 4 Strokes in different models and they have given great service to date  Bravo 

If you can afford OS in your Airframe then go for it  Rainbow 
Just like LMFC...Their the Best 10/10
Back to top Go down
Worzey

Worzey

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013, 9:22 pm

I'm not saying that they are the best, but all OS's that I have owned have been great runners......From a little OS 15 CV-A to my old OS 120 flat twin.
My personal favourites have been the OS 91 Surpass in my Mustang and my old OS 70 Surpass which I had in a Precedent Bi-Fly about 15 years ago. It then did a couple of years in Great Planes Ultimate, then went on to power a Great Planes Reactor which I bought off John McDonnell, which I then sold to Steve and he flew it for sometime.

The only thing I can't tell you, is what "O.S" stands for....... Old Spice???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013, 9:36 pm

After i flew it in the reactor for a while I put that OS 70 into a yt mustang which I flew for a while then sold to Gary ... Is it the same one coming out to play again  Question

Sorry to be a nerd but had to look it up:  study 

O.S. Engines is a Japanese model engine manufacturer.
The company was founded in 1936 by machinist Shigeo Ogawa ("Ogawa Shigeo" in the Japanese surname-first tradition) for the production of model steam engines. The name of the firm could have either originated from the traditional Japanese family-name-first tradition being the source of
the "OS" name, or from the firm's actual Japanese name, "Ogawa Seisakusho".

Hi Steve

The YT Mustang is sadly no more, I tried a very low pass and came unstuck in the Summer but the engine is still running fine even though the exhaust manifold thread has stripped still a great little engine that went well in the Mustang...miss that little plane  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad I have purchased another OS 70 FS for the P40 but will get the manifold repaired on your old as to good an engine to scrap  Rainbow 

Thanks for your research mate 10/10
Back to top Go down
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013, 11:12 pm

Worzey wrote:
I'm not saying that they are the best, but all OS's that I have owned have been great runners......From a little OS 15 CV-A to my old OS 120 flat twin.
My personal favourites have been the OS 91 Surpass in my Mustang and my old OS 70 Surpass which I had in a Precedent Bi-Fly about 15 years ago. It then did a couple of years in Great Planes Ultimate, then went on to power a Great Planes Reactor which I bought off John McDonnell, which I then sold to Steve and he flew it for sometime.

The only thing I can't tell you, is what "O.S" stands for....... Old Spice???

Old Spice  lol! lol! lol!  I still use it  Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 

ASP stands for...ABSOLUTE SHIT PURCHASE
SC stands for....SHITTY COMBUSTION ENGINE
Anyone for what the Irvine make stands for  Question 
Back to top Go down
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013, 6:34 am

Remember these aftershaves also;

Brut
Denim
Hi Karate
Come Ray you'll be able to help me out mate Question 
Back to top Go down
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013, 6:37 am

Remember Cossack hair spray for men as used by Roger Clark World Champion Rally Driver  lol!   lol!   lol! 
Back to top Go down
grounded

grounded

Number of posts : 827
Registration date : 2008-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Dec 2013, 7:03 pm

You really should get out more Gazza  affraid affraid lol! lol! lol! Bravo 

the sad thing is I also remember them  pale pale 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Feb 2014, 5:48 pm

Just putting the finishing touches to the harmony that I put together over the winter .. ready for the beautiful weather that will soon be with us  Angel 

Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 SDC10611_zps947bb281

Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 SDC10612_zps296962d5

Last edited by TheHobman on Sun 09 Feb 2014, 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rotorman

rotorman

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2010-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Feb 2014, 6:05 pm

I've been trying to spot the difference Steve,but for the life of me I can't see it. Good looking twin though. Bravo 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Feb 2014, 6:07 pm

oh yeah put the same pic up twice ooops .. edited it thanks mate...
Back to top Go down
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Feb 2014, 6:11 pm

I remember this the first time around when you owned one before Stevo, flew superbly and those twins sounded just great mate  Bravo Bravo 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Feb 2014, 6:26 pm

That's one naughty machine when it gets cranking, Steve.
Looking forward to seeing it fly!

bounce bounce bounce 
Back to top Go down
stormin norman

stormin norman

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2010-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Feb 2014, 7:53 pm

Looks great Steve hopefully we will all be  out soon with our nice new shiny modals  Bravo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Feb 2014, 8:00 pm

Cheers gents .. looking forward to it as well, might have to fly it Norm style as a bit worried one of the engines might cut if I throttle back too much.. but im sure the thunder tigers will be OK. pale 
Back to top Go down
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Feb 2014, 10:42 pm

Norm is always available for tuition on throttle control  lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Worzey

Worzey

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptySun 09 Feb 2014, 11:12 pm

The Harmony is an excellent twin with no vices  cheers 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78JluSQKW6Q
Back to top Go down
stormin norman

stormin norman

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2010-08-19

PostSubject: Throtal control   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Feb 2014, 7:57 am

Hi guys yes always happy to give advice on throttle control it might take some time though  lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Feb 2014, 7:59 am

lol! lol! lol!  Superb mate
Back to top Go down
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Feb 2014, 12:34 pm

Worzey wrote:
The Harmony is an excellent twin with no vices  cheers 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78JluSQKW6Q

Remember it well and certainly motors on  Bravo 
Back to top Go down
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Feb 2014, 12:47 pm

Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 <a href=Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 Model-flyer-magazine---jul-07-1148_zpsa6f445c5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any winter builds/refurbs??   Any winter builds/refurbs?? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Any winter builds/refurbs??
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best. :: Members Section :: Build Projects-
Jump to: