Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.

The Lydd Model Flyers are a BMFA Registered Model Aero Club on the Romney Marsh, UK.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Skyleaders new build Stuka

Go down 
+6
Benchrash
Rainman
grounded
Worzey
Skyleader Six
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Skyleader Six

Skyleader Six

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-01-22

Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptyWed 03 Apr 2013, 5:53 pm

I like that Nobby Very Happy Got a couple of pictures, done a bit of riviting today think there look good when its all done affraid

Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 Spatsrivedted

Spats And Cowl

Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 Rivitedcowl
Back to top Go down
Rainman

Rainman

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptyWed 03 Apr 2013, 7:25 pm

If you,ve done all them rivets individually , then you got far too much time on yer hands.... Then again it aint really been good for flying either!! Cracking job so far John!
Bravo Bravo Bravo
Back to top Go down
Nobby

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptyWed 03 Apr 2013, 11:19 pm

The quality and detail of your builds are superb, well impressed with that primer finish you get and so silky smooth Bravo Bravo Bravo

YOU ARE A CLEVER SVINE INDEED ENGLANDER lol!

TOP MARKS TO THAT BUILDER 10/10
Back to top Go down
Nobby

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptyWed 03 Apr 2013, 11:29 pm

And who is zis Gary and how ist Nobby velated scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2007-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptyThu 04 Apr 2013, 1:45 pm

Nobby wrote:
And who is zis Gary and how ist Nobby velated scratch scratch scratch

lol! lol! It is in your URL for the picture. Members of Admin have access to the post that Guest put up and Members. They also have access to reading your ID address. this address is what every computer has provided buy your service provider. Bravo
Back to top Go down
http://lyddmfclub.com
Nobby

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptyThu 04 Apr 2013, 2:45 pm

Lol...my cover has been blown, you wait till i see that Gary!

Regards The Masked Nob!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptyThu 04 Apr 2013, 10:42 pm

Nice to see you though Gary, I have sent you an Email mate.

Daron.
Back to top Go down
Noddy

Number of posts : 2512
Registration date : 2013-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 9:31 am

Hi John
Anymore Pics on your Stukka build Question
Was looking great on the last update Picture Picture
Back to top Go down
Skyleader Six

Skyleader Six

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 9:58 am

Hi Gary will put some on soon been spraying the finish paint scheme, and sorting the radio out won't be to long before its maiden Bravo
Back to top Go down
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 10:53 am

Look forward to seeing them and i bet it will kook superb Bravo Bravo Bravo
Back to top Go down
Rainman

Rainman

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 11:24 am

Gbee wrote:
Look forward to seeing them and i bet it will kook superb Bravo Bravo Bravo

Hopefully he's gonna fly it Gary.. not kook it!! affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 12:20 pm

Hi Ray

Just realised my spelling cock up lol! lol! lol! Just imagine Stukka Pie with lashings of gravey...mmmm yummy geek
Back to top Go down
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 12:37 pm

Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 Large--Pork-Pie_zps7c3eb348
Back to top Go down
Rainman

Rainman

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 3:14 pm

Cheers mate, you just made me smile on a Monday afternoon that bought some really shite news...............
Back to top Go down
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2013, 4:40 pm

Oh dear whats up then mate, if its personal then tell me to pee off!
Back to top Go down
Skyleader Six

Skyleader Six

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptySun 05 May 2013, 7:04 pm

Got the riveting done now affraid so have been spraying, here are a few pictures, its coming together nicely

First picture gives a good view of the rivets once the paints on they really stand out well

Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 Stukagarden5

Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 Stukagarden1

Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 Stukagarden

looking a bit bare without the decals going to paint them on next
Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 Stukagarden2
the builder with his model LOL
Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 Stukagarden3
looking quit pleased with myself
Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 Stukagarden4
Back to top Go down
Rainman

Rainman

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptySun 05 May 2013, 7:29 pm

Really is looking the dogs jacobs John, brilliant workmanship! Bravo
Back to top Go down
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptySun 05 May 2013, 9:43 pm

Wow John, what a superb job you have done on that Stukka build,absolutely mustard work from a quality builder and would love to make it over to see her fly and get some pics, Garden pucker too Bravo Bravo Bravo
Thanks for making the effort to post them Picture Picture Picture
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptyMon 06 May 2013, 8:15 am

Bravo John that is one good looking plane Cool
Back to top Go down
Skyleader Six

Skyleader Six

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptyMon 05 Aug 2013, 12:05 pm

Well after having a break from the Stuka build, I have been back on the build and its completed now hurray.

I have done a final check on all the surface movements and the balancing of the C of G.

I was quite surprised and extremely pleased the C of G was spot on and I didn't  need to add no extra lead to the nose.
this was very good as the overall weight when I weighed the plane was just on 27 lbs. already to go less fuel.
I have read in other build thread's anything under 30 lbs. is very good.

A few photo's of the final finished model, prior to its maiden flight.

Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 001

Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 007

Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 003

Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 021

Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 023

Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 012

Last edited by Skyleader Six on Mon 05 Aug 2013, 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptyMon 05 Aug 2013, 12:13 pm

Awesome looking model John, So when is the maiden taking place?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptyMon 05 Aug 2013, 12:17 pm

TheHobman wrote:
Awesome looking model John, So when is the maiden taking place?  

Already has, It was in your own words "Awesome" John was grinning from ear to ear last Friday.lol! 
Back to top Go down
Skyleader Six

Skyleader Six

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptyMon 05 Aug 2013, 12:17 pm

Well Friday turned out to be a perfect day for the maiden flight of the Stuka, word got around and most of the coffin dodgers and some of the work skivers turned up to form a nice crowd for the maiden flight.

Well the engine that had been previously run in, which was fitted in my Waco started and ran faultlessly, a range check was carried out and all was well, and ready to go.Angel 

The wind couldn't have been better, straight down the patch, I taxied round into wind and off she went, lift off was amazing straight as a die and climb out was excellent, I straightened up into a circuit and after 2 or 3 clicks a right aileron she flew hands off, no elevator trims were needed. I flew round for a little while to feel the model out, I then slowed the model right down up high to see what the stall speed would be I was amazed even at a walking pace the model refused to drop a wing.
I then increased the speed and tested full flaps, again no change in the model which was excellent. This completed I then came into land which was uneventful and straight forward.

So in a nutshell one excellent maiden. After a brief check over I had 3 more flights with the model all without incident and very enjoyable this is a fantastic looking aeroplane that also fly's very well.  
That's 4 good flights for its first outing. So looking forward to the next time out.

Last edited by Skyleader Six on Mon 05 Aug 2013, 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Noddy

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptyMon 05 Aug 2013, 12:59 pm

Beautifully built and looks superb John, the detail is amazing and cant wait to get some pictures of her Picture  Picture Picture 
Well done John absolutely stunning aircraft 10/10 Bravo  Bravo  Bravo 
Back to top Go down
Rainman

Rainman

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 EmptyMon 05 Aug 2013, 8:21 pm

great job John, and to think you weren't that keen on it to start with... Bravo 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skyleaders new build Stuka   Skyleaders new build Stuka - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Skyleaders new build Stuka
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next