Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.

The Lydd Model Flyers are a BMFA Registered Model Aero Club on the Romney Marsh, UK.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951 Empty
PostSubject: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951 EmptyMon 07 Nov 2011, 3:21 pm

Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2007-12-31

PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951 EmptyMon 07 Nov 2011, 4:38 pm

Bloody Hell Phil, you can see its your dad....Well done Edward Day Bravo
Back to top Go down
http://lyddmfclub.com
Hamerite

Hamerite

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951 EmptyMon 07 Nov 2011, 6:58 pm

IronSide wrote:
Bloody Hell Phil, you can see its your dad....Well done Edward Day Bravo

amaising.. you look so simular!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951 EmptyMon 07 Nov 2011, 7:58 pm

Thanks for putting that on Phil as i did say i would like to see that footage, superb mate and you must be very proud of that Bravo Bravo Bravo
Back to top Go down
rotorman

rotorman

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2010-09-10

PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951 EmptyMon 07 Nov 2011, 8:09 pm

thats cool Phil,I think your next model should be a miles majesty so we can have a reinactment of this piece of history down at the patch.i'm sure you'll find some volenteer hurricane pilots to race against.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951 EmptyMon 07 Nov 2011, 8:28 pm

rotorman wrote:
thats cool Phil,I think your next model should be a miles majesty so we can have a reinactment of this piece of history down at the patch.i'm sure you'll find some volenteer hurricane pilots to race against.

Pete!!
Back to top Go down
Worzey

Worzey

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951 EmptyMon 07 Nov 2011, 8:52 pm

Have we got a Pete in the club, or am I missing something?
Back to top Go down

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2007-12-31

PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951 EmptyMon 07 Nov 2011, 11:24 pm

Is that not the Pilot in the racing Hurricane.?
Back to top Go down
http://lyddmfclub.com

PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951 EmptyTue 08 Nov 2011, 8:28 am

IronSide wrote:
Is that not the Pilot in the racing Hurricane.?

Group Captain Peter Townsend.
Back to top Go down
Rainman

Rainman

Number of posts : 1086
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951 EmptyTue 08 Nov 2011, 9:09 am

Great bit of history Phil..... Bravo

Did you all notice how very british and stiff upper lip it all was back then ie, "the oldest competitor, who crashed to his death a little later" !!!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951 EmptyTue 08 Nov 2011, 9:38 am

Rainman wrote:

Did you all notice how very british and stiff upper lip it all was back then ie, "the oldest competitor, who crashed to his death a little later" !!!!

Absolutely. The King's Cup was a lethal low-level 'pylon' race - a kind of 'the Grand National of the Skies'.
Couldn't stage something like it today. Health and Safety would have the screaming heebie jeebies.

The Major cheers
Back to top Go down
Hamerite

Hamerite

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951 EmptyTue 08 Nov 2011, 10:11 am

majorsterling wrote:
Rainman wrote:

Absolutely. The King's Cup was a lethal low-level 'pylon' race - a kind of 'the Grand National of the Skies'.
Couldn't stage something like it today. Health and Safety would have the screaming heebie jeebies.

The Major cheers

poxy H & S.. its out of control.... some of the reasion the Red Bull Air races isnt put on TV any more.... hoping lack of intrest will not make it worth while..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951
Page 1 of 1