Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.

The Lydd Model Flyers are a BMFA Registered Model Aero Club on the Romney Marsh, UK.
 
HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   Mon 07 Nov 2011, 3:21 pm

Back to top Go down
00000



Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2007-12-31

PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   Mon 07 Nov 2011, 4:38 pm

Bloody Hell Phil, you can see its your dad....Well done Edward Day Bravo
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lyddmfclub.com
Hamerite

avatar

Number of posts : 146
Age : 52
Location : Biddenden
Registration date : 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   Mon 07 Nov 2011, 6:58 pm

IronSide wrote:
Bloody Hell Phil, you can see its your dad....Well done Edward Day Bravo


amaising.. you look so simular!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   Mon 07 Nov 2011, 7:58 pm

Thanks for putting that on Phil as i did say i would like to see that footage, superb mate and you must be very proud of that Bravo Bravo Bravo
Back to top Go down
rotorman

avatar

Number of posts : 474
Age : 56
Location : greatstone
Registration date : 2010-09-10

PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:09 pm

thats cool Phil,I think your next model should be a miles majesty so we can have a reinactment of this piece of history down at the patch.i'm sure you'll find some volenteer hurricane pilots to race against.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:28 pm

rotorman wrote:
thats cool Phil,I think your next model should be a miles majesty so we can have a reinactment of this piece of history down at the patch.i'm sure you'll find some volenteer hurricane pilots to race against.

Pete!!
Back to top Go down
Worzey

avatar

Number of posts : 1299
Age : 44
Location : Ashford
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   Mon 07 Nov 2011, 8:52 pm

Have we got a Pete in the club, or am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
00000



Number of posts : 877
Registration date : 2007-12-31

PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   Mon 07 Nov 2011, 11:24 pm

Is that not the Pilot in the racing Hurricane.?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lyddmfclub.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   Tue 08 Nov 2011, 8:28 am

IronSide wrote:
Is that not the Pilot in the racing Hurricane.?

Group Captain Peter Townsend.
Back to top Go down
Rainman

avatar

Number of posts : 1086
Age : 16
Location : Lympne
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   Tue 08 Nov 2011, 9:09 am

Great bit of history Phil..... Bravo

Did you all notice how very british and stiff upper lip it all was back then ie, "the oldest competitor, who crashed to his death a little later" !!!!


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   Tue 08 Nov 2011, 9:38 am

Rainman wrote:
Great bit of history Phil..... Bravo

Did you all notice how very british and stiff upper lip it all was back then ie, "the oldest competitor, who crashed to his death a little later" !!!!



Absolutely. The King's Cup was a lethal low-level 'pylon' race - a kind of 'the Grand National of the Skies'.
Couldn't stage something like it today. Health and Safety would have the screaming heebie jeebies.

The Major cheers
Back to top Go down
Hamerite

avatar

Number of posts : 146
Age : 52
Location : Biddenden
Registration date : 2010-06-16

PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   Tue 08 Nov 2011, 10:11 am

majorsterling wrote:
Rainman wrote:
Great bit of history Phil..... Bravo

Did you all notice how very british and stiff upper lip it all was back then ie, "the oldest competitor, who crashed to his death a little later" !!!!



Absolutely. The King's Cup was a lethal low-level 'pylon' race - a kind of 'the Grand National of the Skies'.
Couldn't stage something like it today. Health and Safety would have the screaming heebie jeebies.

The Major cheers


poxy H & S.. its out of control.... some of the reasion the Red Bull Air races isnt put on TV any more.... hoping lack of intrest will not make it worth while..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951   

Back to top Go down
 
My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» My Dad beating a Hurricane/ wins the Kings Cup Air Race 1951
» new riders in hurricane wv
» FJ Wins You Win Contest - WGC Bridgestone Invitational
» Hurricane Motoplex
» Rundblad wins Borje Salming Trophy as SEL's top D-man

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best. :: Members Section :: Members Video-
Jump to: