Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best.

The Lydd Model Flyers are a BMFA Registered Model Aero Club on the Romney Marsh, UK.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lavochkin LA-7 (repaired)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Lavochkin LA-7 (repaired) Empty
PostSubject: Lavochkin LA-7 (repaired)   Lavochkin LA-7 (repaired) EmptySat 08 Oct 2011, 9:02 pm

Can anyone remember the last abortive flight of my Lavochkin, when it looked like the CG was out?
Hamerite has done an excellent repair job on it, then when I CG'ed it, it was spot on.
Hate not knowing the reason...

The Major Mad
Back to top Go down
Skyleader Six

Skyleader Six

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Lavochkin LA-7 (repaired)   Lavochkin LA-7 (repaired) EmptySun 09 Oct 2011, 4:31 pm

Yer i remember that flight Phil Very Happy Think it was dumb thumbs lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lavochkin LA-7 (repaired)   Lavochkin LA-7 (repaired) EmptySun 09 Oct 2011, 7:48 pm

Skyleader Six wrote:
Yer i remember that flight Phil Very Happy Think it was dumb thumbs lol! lol! lol!

Can you remember how it behaved in the air just after take-off? Did it look like CG problems to you or pilot error?!
Back to top Go down
Skyleader Six

Skyleader Six

Number of posts : 459
Registration date : 2008-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Lavochkin LA-7 (repaired)   Lavochkin LA-7 (repaired) EmptySun 09 Oct 2011, 8:39 pm

majorsterling wrote:
Skyleader Six wrote:

Can you remember how it behaved in the air just after take-off? Did it look like CG problems to you or pilot error?!

Sorry Phil was only joking about the dumb thumbs can't help Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: LA-7   Lavochkin LA-7 (repaired) EmptyThu 27 Oct 2011, 7:13 pm

First flight after the big repair went well but a bit gutless.
Have switched to a three-bladed 16 x 12 which should haul her.

Lavochkin LA-7 (repaired) La-7_110

Lavochkin LA-7 (repaired) La-7_210

The Major cheers
Back to top Go down
Worzey

Worzey

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Lavochkin LA-7 (repaired)   Lavochkin LA-7 (repaired) EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 6:37 am

Three bladed props are less efficient Phil, try and stick to two if power is marginal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lavochkin LA-7 (repaired)   Lavochkin LA-7 (repaired) EmptyFri 28 Oct 2011, 8:22 am

Worzey wrote:
Three bladed props are less efficient Phil, try and stick to two if power is marginal

This is the same engine as in my large Thunderbolt (OS 160), which also used to be gutless.
When I put the three-bladed on that one, it improved considerably, so I thought I'd give it a go with the LA-7.
I'll bring it down tomorrow and we'll see Smile

- P

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lavochkin LA-7 (repaired)   Lavochkin LA-7 (repaired) Empty

Back to top Go down

Lavochkin LA-7 (repaired)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lydd Model Flying Club. Kents Best. :: Members Section :: Build Projects-
Jump to: